Jamez0r



Thanks to everyone on the Spine team for all your help here on the forums!

Especially Harald who has put up with all of my posts on the Unity channel :D
User avatar
Jamez0r
  • Posts: 358

Nate

Looks very cool! Quite the creepy style! :D
User avatar
Nate

Nate
  • Posts: 12140

OK_Rabbit

Very nice! I'm diggin' the gritty/dark vibe too :)
User avatar
OK_Rabbit
  • Posts: 24

Jamez0r

Thanks guys! :nerd: :nerd:
User avatar
Jamez0r
  • Posts: 358

Erika

Congrats Jamez0r \o/ I join the train of praise for the vibe of the game
User avatar
Erika

Erikari
  • Posts: 3113

Jamez0r

Erika wrote:Congrats Jamez0r \o/ I join the train of praise for the vibe of the game
Thanks Erika!! :grinteeth: :grinteeth:
User avatar
Jamez0r
  • Posts: 358

Harald

Awesome Jamez0r, congrats on the trailer! Again I love the whole atmosphere!
Jamez0r wrote:Especially Harald who has put up with all of my posts on the Unity channel
:nerd: Haha, thanks for your kind words! Actually I think you have answered more Unity questions of other users than asked, so your postings are very welcome :D!

BTW: Soon there will be a new release of all URP / LWRP shaders, to make them all compatible with the SRP batcher. Just mentioning in case it gives you some free extra fps for little effort (and hopefully not causes any drawbacks due to the "experimental" suffix of the SRP batcher).

---

We can gladly announce that new 3.8 LWRP and URP extension modules have been released where all shaders now support the SRP batcher!

They can be downloaded here as usual:
Spine Unity Download

Please note that when SRP batcher is active the number of batches in the Game window under Stats is not reliable or completely wrong. Please see https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/SRPBatcher.html on how to see the actual number of batches.
User avatar
Harald

Harri
  • Posts: 4340

Jamez0r

Harald wrote:Awesome Jamez0r, congrats on the trailer! Again I love the whole atmosphere!
Jamez0r wrote:Especially Harald who has put up with all of my posts on the Unity channel
:nerd: Haha, thanks for your kind words! Actually I think you have answered more Unity questions of other users than asked, so your postings are very welcome :D!

BTW: Soon there will be a new release of all URP / LWRP shaders, to make them all compatible with the SRP batcher. Just mentioning in case it gives you some free extra fps for little effort (and hopefully not causes any drawbacks due to the "experimental" suffix of the SRP batcher).

---

We can gladly announce that new 3.8 LWRP and URP extension modules have been released where all shaders now support the SRP batcher!

They can be downloaded here as usual:
Spine Unity Download

Please note that when SRP batcher is active the number of batches in the Game window under Stats is not reliable or completely wrong. Please see https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/SRPBatcher.html on how to see the actual number of batches.
Ooo, interesting - I haven't looked into the SRP batcher at all. I've been wondering what the benefits/differences are between the SRP batching and "dynamic" batching. Its weird - you can select to use both of them on the Rendering Pipeline Asset. Sounds like now is a good time to look into it, will be updating to those new shaders! And thanks for the heads up on the default Stats window not showing the correct values - would have been annoying to not know that when I'm testing things out, lol.

Thanks Harald!
User avatar
Jamez0r
  • Posts: 358

Harald

You're welcome! 8) We would be very curious about how performance compares when SRP batcher is enabled with the new shaders.

As always, be sure to create backups (or committing everything) of your work before switching shaders and pipeline settings! :)
User avatar
Harald

Harri
  • Posts: 4340


Return to Showcase